Hello I’m Jayne! I have managed Designed 2 Move Chiropractic and Sports Rehabilitation here in Ankeny since January 2016. My husband Mike and I moved our 19 year-old triplets to 3 different colleges in 3 different states over the course of 4 short days in mid-August. Let me tell you….we are still adjusting to the abrupt empty nest (thank goodness our 4-legged fur babies are still with us!). To help fill this void, I have truly enjoyed meeting and getting to know the wonderful patients who grace the doors of our office daily.
Question for you…have you ever found yourself in a position of needing chiropractic care, but have no idea how well your insurance will cover the appointment, if at all? Have you ever been on hold for 15+ important minutes of your life, only to lose connection? Or have you ever been completely confused, not know what words to say to get the answers you are looking for about your insurance benefits?
One of my jobs at Designed 2 Move Chiropractic and Sports Rehabilitation is to collect your insurance plan details and call your insurance company myself…after all I am trained to know the lingo to more efficiently find out the following information:
- Do you have chiropractic benefits and how they process
- if we are in-network with your particular insurance plan
- what are your options if you are out of network
- if you have a copay or deductible (and how much has been met)
- what your co-insurance is if you do have a deductible to met
- whether or not we need prior authorization for treatment
- I will correspond with them if there are any issues with processing
… the list goes on.
This is a service that I feel is invaluable and something we try to provide to make it easier for our patients. Why? Because, we like to be an open book at Designed 2 Move. Additionally, due to some personal incidents at other medical offices where I experienced the following:
1) There was no one at the front desk informing me that the office was not in-network with my insurance plan.
2) I was billed a huge amount SEVEN months after a series of appointments (no fun to receive that, even if the charges were correct!).
Don’t get me wrong, there are times we are quoted wrong by the insurance company and claims come back not as expected. But that is an exception not the rule. At Designed 2 Move, I want you to know exactly what to expect financially. It’s a service we provide in order to make your experience better.